Wednesday, November 5, 2008

FEED A FAMILY OF 4 - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack FOR $45 for ONE WHOLE WEEK!


I took a nutrition class in college last year. In that class we were challenged to make a menu for an entire week that is nutritionally sound. I had to post it to my online class and then follow the menu for the entire next week. We were allowed to use the internet to help us in our menu making endeavor.

I found, in my search on the subject, a menu that will feed a family of 4 to 6, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner AND A SNACK for only $45.

I DO actually mean that a person can take 2 twenties and a five into a store, buy some groceries and feed the whole family for an entire week AND It is nutritionally sound!

I scrolled down to the bottom of the web-site and found that I did actually have to cook. I mean...you know...with flour and yeast and stuff. I had to buy powdered milk for the first time. I was a little worried that I couldn't actually do it but guess what! We, our family, did use the $45 menu plan. We decided that we didn't like the lentil soup and we LOVED the pancakes.

Now I make pancakes every week and keep them in the frigerator. I make beans all the time and have cornbread at the ready for when the random person gets hungry here or there throughout the day.

We now have something to eat all the time and our grocery bill is MUCH less than it used to be. Instead of spending $150 per week for our family of Seven, we now spend around $75 per week.

Here is the story from last year and what I actually had to buy. I spent $66 because we have over 4 people in our family, but that is cheap enough. We are all eating healthy food and our wallet is healthier too. I hope it helps someone. It is actually fun to get the kids involved Good Luck!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=6aba2cfecb6178ffdcf024b730e3153a ss_blog_claim=b0b6eb1a2c51f983bd3ae154060f41b2