Friday, August 3, 2007

KAZZ HIGH SCHOOL PLAN

Finished classes are in Red.
Current Classes are in Green

Future Classes are in Black

Before this blog began Kazz had finished some classes.
So all classes are not logged on this blog.

English 9: Alpha Omega Lifepacs
Biology w/ Lab: Alpha Omega Switched On Schoolhou
se
U.S. History/Geog.:
Alpha Omega Lifepacs
Civics: Story of the Constitution: Alpha Omega Lifepac Elective
PE: Competitive Foil Fencing - Ren. Fencing - Jr. Olympics
Keyboarding - AVKO at home and more at College
Beginning Algebra- Basics home and college
English 10: Home
Civics: Alpha Omega Lifepac Elective
Psychology: Standard Deviants
Civics: Principles of American Democracy:
Alpha Omega Elective
Economics: Standard Deviants


Chemistry w/ lab:
Health:
Modern World History/ Geography
Algebra I:

Home and college
English 11


Geometry
Sociology
Sign Language I
English 12
Algebra II
Math for Business
Physics
Sign Language II

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I'd love to contact you if you have time. I couldn't find an e-mail address listed on your blog. If you have time could you contact me? caspen1973@yahoo.com

I just decided to homeschool my children (8, 5, 3) and am so overwhelmed with choices. I'm figuring it out slowly but I just had the question asked of me "what about a highschool diploma?" Can you point me in the direction I need to go? Thanks for your time!

simplejoy1 said...

My daughter is finishing her junior year and wants to homeschool over the summer so she can start college in the fall she meet all the core requirements and has only electives to take at her high school. Any idea how we can make this happen. our school has 8 credits she needs 5.75

momwithbrownies said...

Hi Cheryl,

The answer depends on whether you are wanting a homeschool diploma or a diploma from her high school. You will also need to consider the homeschool laws for your state.

In our state of Michigan, we just homeschool and graduate our children whenever we want. We don't have to meet the class schedule presented at public schools.

If you want her to "walk" at graduation in the school she has been attending I would say to speak with her school to see what kind of programs they have. Most public schools will allow her to take college courses while still attending her public school classes. Many high schools will pay for their students to take "dual enrollment" courses that will count toward a college degree. The teen will have a few classes under thier belt before they graduate from high school and you will save a few dollars.

We didn't take that route because our goal is to be graduated from college at the same time they would graduate from high school. Also, most 4 year colleges do not recognize dual enrollment courses as both high school and college level work. Usually, those classes will have to be taken again once a person transfers to a University. We steer clear of dual enrollment here in our family. We feel it is a waste of time and money.

If you have any more questions, I will be happy to tell you what I know...if I know anything at all. :-)

feel free to e-mail me at

mom_with_brownies@wowway.com

 
ss_blog_claim=6aba2cfecb6178ffdcf024b730e3153a ss_blog_claim=b0b6eb1a2c51f983bd3ae154060f41b2